Serial to Fiber Optic Converter - single-mode ST
- Converts serial data signals to single-mode fiber optic
- 2000V 3-way optical isolation (two data ports, power circuit) and EMI/RFI protection
- Data rates up to 115.2 kbps
- Wide operating temperature: -40 to +80 °C
- IP30 plastic case, DIN mount
- UL 508 rated
- 10 – 48 VDC input power range
- Up to 15 km (9 mi) range
- Power supply not included, sold separately
Model FOSTCDRi-ST is designed with functionality required for heavier industrial environments. This industrial-grade isolated converter changes RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 to single-mode fiber optics.
Model FOSTCDRi-ST extends serial data ranges up to 15 km (9 mi) and provides the most versatile connection possible between asynchronous full- or half-duplex serial equipment. In addition to direct point-to-point connectivity, it is capable operating in a multi-drop mode. This allows one serial device to communicate with up to 31 others around a fiber optic ring. Since it supports mixed serial standards, it can replace other converters and isolators and add the EMI/RFI immunity inherent to fiber optic communications. Fiber optic connection is single-mode ST.
Automatic Send Data Control circuit controls the RS-422/485 driver chip, eliminating the requirement for special software. Easy to install and configure, it has a 12-position DIP switch to set up the RS-422/485 parameters and removable terminal blocks to connect serial signals and power. In RS-232 mode, it supports Transmit Data and Receive Data. Handshaking signals are not passed through.